ProtoTRAK Parasolid Converter Software
Note: Downloaded software must be extracted and decompressed before it is installed in the ProtoTRAK.
Please review all of the following instructions.
Version 1.06 Release Notes:
- Added ability to create Drill and Tap events from arc segments. Previously, the user was only able to define these from complete circles.
- Added the ALIGN TO X AXIS feature. This allows you to line up either a flat edge or face parallel to the X axis.
- Changed the TRANS AXES softkey to read ROTATE 90 DEG.
- Added the option to allow user to toggle drill tip compensation. This can be seen when the user has defined a Drill event within the Parasolid option, highlights the Z prompt in the Event screen, and then goes into the View Solid option.
(For Windows XP and above.)
- Click on “Download Parasolid Software Here” below.
- In the selection window, select Save.
- Choose a temporary location to save the file. You may want to create a directory called “ProtoTRAK Downloads” or save the file to your Desktop.
- After the download completes, you will have the software saved on your hard drive. Close the download window if it is still open.
- The software you have just downloaded is compressed to make it easy to download. See the instructions below “Extracting and installing the software on your ProtoTRAK” to finish the process.
smx_ps_106.zip 10.9 MB
Changes from the previously released version
- Fixed incorrect Windows header that read “PTDXF Offline”, visible when running offline version.
- Added ability to stretch the size of the Parasolid window.
- Fixed an issue found where Z depths were not being detected properly from Rhino3D solids.
- Added new error message for programs that contain multiple solids, which our software does not support. Previous versions
would cause a software crash.
Extracting and installing the software on your ProtoTRAK
For Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 users:
- Plug your USB flash drive into your USB port.
- Double Click on the zip file that you’ve just downloaded.
- (Windows XP) Go up to the top left hand corner of your window, and click on FILE, and then EXTRACT ALL. (Windows 7) In the top left hand corner, click on the EXTRACT ALL option.
- If an Extraction Wizard window appears, click on NEXT.
- When a window comes up asking for the destination directory, click on the BROWSE button, and then select the drive letter of your USB flash drive. The software MUST be copied within the root directory of the drive), and not within a folder. Click on NEXT.
- This should start copying all the necessary files. Once complete, proceed to the instructions on installing to your Prototrak control below.
Installing the software on your ProtoTRAK from USB flash drive
If you have software version 4.0 or greater on your control, you can simply press the SYS button, and then choose UPDATE OPTIONS, and it will allow you to select the USB flash drive to install the software from. Press YES and then the RESUME button to continue updating the software.
If however, you have a version older than 4.0, and it expects the software to be on a floppy disk, please follow the following instructions below:
- Using your keyboard, press the PAUSE BREAK button – this will exit out of our software.
- Press CTRL and ESC at the same time. This will bring up the START menu.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to the RUN option. Press ENTER.
- In the text box, type in the following: D:\PT4SXINSTALL
This will update the necessary software. Once complete, it will reboot the computer, and then the update process will be complete.