ProtoTRAK EMX Control Software
Current versions in this release:
User Interface: 3.05
Motion Control: 3.05
Note: Downloaded software must be extracted and decompressed before it is installed in the ProtoTRAK.
Note: You will need to perform this update from a USB flash drive.
- Right click on the Download Now Button.
- In the selection window, select Save.
- Choose a location to save the file. You may want to create a directory called “ProtoTRAK Downloads” or save the file to your Desktop.
- After the download completes, you will have the software saved on your hard drive.
Close the download window if it is still open.
- The software you have just downloaded is compressed to make it easy to download. See the instructions below “Extracting and installing the software on your ProtoTRAK” to finish the process.
Changes from the previously released version
- Fixed an issue on 2 axis EMX where if the GO button is pressed during a rapid move before the machine is in position, the system may skip an event later in the program.
Extracting and installing the software on your USB Flash Drive
For Windows XP and later users:
- Double Click on the zip file that you’ve just downloaded.
- Go up to the top left hand corner of your window, and click on FILE, and then EXTRACT ALL.
- An Extraction Wizard window will appear. Click on NEXT.
- Underneath where it says “Files will be extracted to this directory:” choose the target path for your USB flash drive (for example if the flash drive is recognized as drive E on your computer, the path will be “E:\”). The files MUST be extracted within the root directory of the flash drive, and not within an existing folder.
- Click on the NEXT button. This should start copying all the necessary files to the target drive. Once complete, click on the FINISH button.
Installing onto your ProtoTRAK control
Once all files are copied, take the USB flash drive over to your Prototrak EMX control and insert it into a free USB slot. From there, go into the DRO section, SERV CODES, and press 316 and then the ABS SET button. This will automatically update the software to the control, and ask you to recycle the power once complete.